Chugoku Region

Browsing the “City of Water” – Matsue

Matsue is the capital city of Shimane Prefecture, Japan. It is also known as the “City of Water” because it is right by the sea, Lake Shinji, Lake Nakaumi, and there are many canals across town. One of the best ways to explore the Matsue old town is to take a sightseeing cruise that passes through the inner and outer moats of Matsue Castle, a National Treasure of Japan. Then take a walk to the Matsue Castle, visit historical buildings and museums.

There are a few piers where you may get on and off the boat. The easiest way is to start and finish at the same point: Matsue Castle.
堀川遊覽船有好幾個上落點,要遊覽全程最方便是在松江城上落。
This is where you get on and off the boat.
上落船都有分左右。
The cruise begins with the moat section where you will see the Matsue History Museum on the right.
遊覽船初段航程是沿護城河走,右邊第一座建築物是松江歷史館。
A Samurai Residence.
武家屋敷(日本武士之家)。
The memorial museum and former residence of Lafcadio Hearn, a Greece-born writer who was one of the first foreigners who adopted citizenship of Japan.
作家小泉八雲的故居及紀念館。他是首批入籍日本的外國人之一。
There are many bridges along the canal. Some of them are low-built bridges. You will have to duck your head when passing through.
遊覽船會經過好幾條橋,有些是很低的橋,坐在船上要低頭才能通過。
This is one of the piers where you may get on and off the boat.
這是可以上落遊覽船的碼頭之一。
This is an interesting coffee shop.
這間咖啡館很有特色。
The one day cruise costs ¥820, meaning you may get on and get off several times in one day.
遊覽船一日券¥820,可以多次上落船。
The whole cruise lasts about 50 mintues. When you are done, it’s good to take a walk up the Matsue Castle.
遊覽完畢可以到松江城走走。
The castle was built by the local lord Horio Yoshihoru in 1607 and completed in 1611. This is his statue.
松江城是由松江第一代藩主堀尾吉晴興建的。這是他的銅像。
Matsue Castle is a feudal castle and one of the few remaining in its original wooden structure. It is one of the 12 castles in Japan and is designated as a National Treasure.
松江城為日本12座古城之一,建於中世紀,是小數保留原來木製建築的城堡,被定為國寶。
There are many old trees in the castle. Nice.
古城範圍有很多古老大樹,環境優美。
The Matsue Shrine is at the bottom of the keep.
天守閣下面是松山神社。
The Matsue Shrine main building.
松山神社主殿。
Transportation: Bus from Matsue JR Station. there is a sightseeing bus day pass where you can buy to hop-on and hop-off various tourist destinations in Matsue old town, including the Matsue Castle.
交通:在松江站有觀光巴士,可以買一日周遊券,無限次上落各景點,包括松江城。

Comments are closed.

error: Content is protected !!